Thursday 17 October 2013

Alexander McQueen | Women's Autumn/Winter 2013 | Presentation

 
So I found this collection just so captivating, I can totally understand Sarah Burtons inspiration for this collection, its sort of looks at Monarchy and specifically Queen Elizabeth the 1st.
 
The Garments are so heavily embellished and I feel like its in total homage to her.
 
"Her wardrobe was full of gowns of rich fabrics adorned with jewels and elaborate surface detail, which were clearly imposing and speak volumes about wealth and status"
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
And as much as I am a HUGE fan of Alexander McQueen and Sarah Burton
 there is a couple of dresses in this Autumn/Winter collection that has made me a bit confused if I may say so aha.
 

 
these designs for some reason as soon as I saw them, I just pictured Pinhead from Hellraiser, and I did feel even the models found them hard to walk in :S

 

 
http://www.rmg.co.uk/explore/sea-and-ships/in-depth/elizabeth/the-queen's-court/body-and-dress/*/viewPage/4

No comments:

Post a Comment