Monday 21 October 2013

Working on my 2 units, Fashion Visualisation and Fashion Presentation Techniques

So I think it is well over due that I start uploading some of my own works of art!! I am on a Fashion and Clothing course after all...

This was out first ever assignment, it was to take to random jackets and make it your own I chose a long white trench coat and I mixed it with a McQueen jacket






 
 
 
This is some of my life drawing, mainly focusing on the way the clothes draped on the body.
 
(Some of the photos look a little askew, its because I took the photo at an angle.)
 








 
These drawing are learning to draw on a template.









 
Technical drawing of a Tab


 
A women in a REALLY big jacket at London Fashion Week '13




Another lady at London Fashion Week
 

 
These photos are my attempts at fashion illustrations.



 
Our actually project was now to pick a jacket either, Biker, Tailored, Work Wear or Military
I chose to do a tailored jacket, so I started of with this image of a McQueen Jacket.
 



 
The first idea I had was to replace the Hooks and Eyes with Zips, for some reason I think zips are incredible sexy, its the idea of unzipping something, and something being revealed.

 
This is when I was looking at the fashion illustrator David Downton, with my example of his work



My adaptation

With my McQueen jacket I had to come up with 4 designs that could sit as a collection, so with that in mind I came up with these three designs.
 

Zips, Candy strips and Chains




Some of the research that I did.
 

Collaging

some more collaging


These are some of my Research pages of where I looked at the different types of tailored jackets
 



 
The Photo on the right is what I used to get used to the body
 

this is the drawings of Kristen, first one is in pencil and the second one is a continuous line drawing.


I had decided that because im not going to be using my Candy stipe design as one of my final 4 designs that I would review my work and discuss my I didn't think it worked.



 
 
This is third design that I came up with it was based from a picture but I was able to adapt it to my McQueen jacket.
 
 

And this became the final concept





As part of the project we had to marry the designs together so they could be able to sit as a "mini" collection, i though that one way of doing this is by introducing Epaulettes.

Research Page


 
 
This became my final design, my first attempt at this was that my teacher said that I am just copying design directly from the photo which when I looked back and reflected I found that she was correct and I needed to revise my concept.

 
 

I really liked that the photo had this 3 collar design, and I really wanted to use it in my design


This is my revised design, I decided that I would make a chain feature as part of the jacket where the middle collar would be.

These last pages are of celebrities and how they could have influenced my designs, so with some of the images I morphed them to see how it would change the image.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment